Oceanside Motorsports is asking you to show your support for Shelter To Soldier
How are we going to help?
This year we have raised over $3,700 for this awesome charity!
Is it time for an oil change? Are there any bigger issues with your car that you have been putting off fixing? Any items in yellow or red from your previous inspection that might ‘need attention soon’? What better time than now to get those repairs sorted out! While Shelter to Soldier’s motto is saving lives two at a time, you will also have the opportunity to accomplish two things at once, by fixing your car and simultaneously helping out our awesome veterans.
During the dates of May 31st-June 4th, and again from July 6th-9th, 2021, we did exactly that. We wanted to help our community, and what better way to say thank you than with the opportunity to help save two lives in one. With the help of our awesome customers, we were able to raise over $3,700 for charity.
How can you help?
- Ask about our next fundraiser
- Donate directly to Shelter to Soldier
- Spread awareness via social media or within your community
What is Shelter To Soldier?
- “Shelter to Soldier™ is a CA 501c3 nonprofit organization that adopts dogs from local shelters and trains them to become psychiatric service dogs for post-9/11 combat veterans suffering from Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD), Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI) and/or other injuries associated with traumatic service experiences.”
- “Every day, 20 US veterans and 1 active duty service member are lost to suicide. That’s an average of one life lost every 69 minutes. The suicide rate among the nation’s military personnel has spiked this year, eclipsing the number of troops dying in battle and on pace to set a record annual high since the start of the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan more than a decade ago. PTSD is a major problem for our men and women in uniform, and its effects last far and beyond the battlefield.”
- “Every year, our nation sees approximately 7.6 million animals enter shelters. More than half of those animals are dogs, at 3.9 million every year. This year alone, 1.2 million dogs will be euthanized due to space, behavioral problems, or medical complications. Many great dogs are often overlooked at shelters for behavior issues such as protest when left alone, different levels of classic separation anxiety, unruly (non-aggressive) behaviors, barking, poor house manners, and housebreaking issues.
- Shelter To Soldier’s expertise in training service dogs is unmatched in the field and provides a great platform for using their talents to serve our military personnel in honor of their service to our country. The sponsored service dog will serve the critical role of psychological support to his/her veteran handler.
- Dogs are hand picked to match the personalities and lifestyles of the specific veteran
- A very small percentage of the donations goes to the employees and workers while the majority of donations go directly to the help the dogs get through the program (training, food, beds, vests, toys), and to allow a veteran to adopt at no cost
- Training for one dog typically lasts about one year from start to finish