Why does my mini cooper trunk keep opening?
The problem of "my car trunk keeps opening" will be addressed in this article. We will inform you about the common causes of the trunk not closing while explaining the problem. Furthermore, we will explain how to repair the car trunk lid in such a situation.
The trunk of a car can be opened for a variety of reasons. The car trunk mechanism is similar to the car hood mechanism in that it uses a latch and striker to operate.
The following are some of the most common issues with the car trunk mechanism:
- Water might have gotten into your boot lid.
When water gets into your bootlid, there is also a possibility that it could have gotten into your electric boot release. This can be easily remedied by doing these steps:
- Access the boot lid and look right down the bottom for a little rubber plug about 1/2" square near the electrical strap. Pull that plug out and close the boot lid - is liquid draining out?
- If the first option does not work, you can start removing the boot lid handle if desired. It cannot be dismantled, but you can try to dry it out by placing it in a very cool fan oven for 30 minutes, then it should work normally again.
- Your emergency release lever may have been pulled too hard.
The black plastic ball that secures the cable to the latch could have broken off and become stuck in the latch.
- Your lock actuator might be malfunctioning.
The opening and closing of an electrically operated boot is controlled by a motor. The motor is tiny and has gears; whenever the trunk is locked, the motor shifts. As a result, if the motor fails, both opening and closing the trunk lid would be impossible.
If the trunk lid will not close, inspect the locking mechanism and the area where it connects to the body. One of the most common reasons for the trunk not having to close is the presence of bends in this area. If the body is bent, the trunk will not close. For over 12 years, Oceanside Motorsports has been an Oceanside staple helping you get back on the road faster than the dealer can. We have continuously trained technicians and offer a lifetime warranty on most repairs. With our Time Saver Service, we can get your car and deliver it to your doorstep once fixed. We can even help arrange to tow if needed. You can also have our free loaner car while your car is serviced! You'll get used to expecting quick, simple, and dependable auto repairs from Oceanside Motorsports!